America’s Great Outdoors (AGO) is a presidential initiative led by the Departments of Interior and Agriculture, the Environmental Protection Agency and the Chair of the White House Council on Environmental Quality. The AGO was launched last April with a series of listening sessions and culminated in the President announcing a final report last week. Within the report are six NSSF recommendations, taken almost verbatim. These recommendations include:
1) Development of financial/tax incentives for hunting and fishing on private lands (i.e. expanded deductions for lands enrolled in a state access program.)
2) Extension of the expanded deductions for conservation easements (big for Western big game hunting.)
3) Dedicated LWCF funding for hunting and fishing access.
4) Expand and promote Open Fields.
5) Enhanced technical capacity to connect youth with information regarding hunting/fishing and other recreational access.
6) Youth Hunting and fishing recruitment and retention programs.
To view the report in its totality, please click here.