Did you know that NSSF offers federally licensed firearms retailer (FFL) members the opportunity to work with experienced advisors who, as former ATF officials, understand what it takes to stay compliant with ATF rules and regulations?
FFLs who have used this service are raving about it.
- “Fred Gerlach was extremely professional, totally knowledgeable and a pleasure to work with. I would highly recommend your consultation service on FFL compliance to any FFL holder . . .”
William R. Laughridge, President, Cylinder and Slide
- “I know, without a doubt, that our compliance will be tremendously increased during our next (first) ATF visit because of Wally’s time with us.”
Jackie Gengler, Alaska Illusive Arms
- “Wally fine-tuned our system, reinforced what was good, and made valuable suggestions for improvements.”
Robin Ball, Owner, Sharp Shooting Indoor Range and Gun Shop
- “Thanks again for all of your help. [Nick Scouffas was] very thorough and really helped us understand the reasons why many of the regulations are needed. We have received your suggestions and have already started putting them in place and making the necessary changes. The service you provide in conjunction with the NSSF is fantastic and I would recommend it to anyone.”
Ben Minkel, Cedar Falls Tactical
- “Thanks to Harry McCabe! I really appreciate the service you are providing as I did gain a lot of valuable knowledge from your visit. Every FFL holder in the country should be taking advantage of these visits if they care about their business – it is truly a no-brainer! I feel extremely fortunate to have access to someone of your caliber to help keep my business in compliance with ATF. I hope you will continue your consulting work for many years and I look forward to our next visit!”
Rick Jones, Classic Firearms
This is how it works. Retailers requiring assistance contact NSSF, which coordinates requests with former ATF compliance officials participating in the program. A compliance advisor will then personally visit the retailer to assess its level of ATF compliance, conduct a review of internal controls over firearms and record keeping and train the retailer and staff to help the business to be prepared for an ATF compliance inspection. The price of this service for members is only $499. NSSF also will pick up other fees of compliance advisors, including all travel expenses.
NSSF has added four advisors to its popular retailer compliance program so that more FFLs can take advantage of expert advice and avoid warning conferences, warning letters, fines, license revocations or license non-renewals that often are due to oversights and human errors involving paperwork and inventory and not staying abreast of new regulations. Each ATF compliance advisor brings a wealth of experience to the job, having conducted hundreds of firearm retailer compliance inspections.
For more information or to schedule an in-store consultation, please contact Patrick Shay, director, retail development at 203-426-1320 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Not an NSSF member? Contact Bettyjane Swann, NSSF director, member services at 203-46-1320 or at email@example.com to learn how easy it is to become one.